Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my Special Diet Cookbook for Multiple Sclerosis which has recipes beneficial to the dietary needs of People with MS. A variety of low-fat soft cheese are available and can be used in many different recipes, including the preparation of quick desserts such as this one. Suitable varieties to use are quark, fromage frais, cottage cheese(though this does not have the smooth texture of the others) and riccota, an Italian soft cheese.
- 1⁄2 ounce gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 8 ounces skimmed milk soft cheese
- 6 fluid ounces frozen orange juice, thawed
- 2 egg whites
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the hot water in a cup and stir until dissolved.
- Whisk the soft cheese, and the orange juice and gelatin mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the orange mixture.
- Pour into serving glasses and chill until set.