2 hrs 10 mins
This is a very refreshing dessert after a big meal or on a hot sunny day. The recipe says it serves 6 but when I made it I found that it serves 10. Great flavor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract (use pure if possible)
- 2 cups lightly frozen whipped topping, non dairy, thawed or 2 cups two cups whipped cream
- orange slice (to garnish)
- 1In a large saucepan heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around the edge of the pan (do not boil). Add butter,allow it to melt.
- 2Meanwhile in a bowl using an electric mixer at high speed beat eggs, egg whites, sugar & cornstarch until very light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in orange juice and orange peel.
- 3Beat in 1 cup of the hot milk into the egg mixture.
- 4Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the hot milk.
- 5Bring mousse to a boil whisking the entire time until the mixture is thick, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- 6Pour mousse into a bowl, cover and put in fridge until cold, about 2 hours.
- 7Fold in whipped topping, place in serving dishes (a large wine glass looks great) garnish with an orange and serve or you may cover and put in fridge until you are ready to serve, garnish just before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.9 mg
- Sodium 172.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g