Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Tore this out of a magazine while waiting three hours in the emergency room at our local hospital.
- 6 blood oranges
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- sea salt
- black peppercorns, freshly cracked
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Squeeze 5-6 oranges to yeild 3 cups of juice. In a large skillet, combine juice, 1/2 cup red-wine vingear and 1/4 cup molasses. Boil over high heat, skimming foam occasionally, until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup; about 10-15 minutes. Reserve half the sauce for serving.
- Place chicken breasts on a rimmed baking sheet lined with tinfoil. Season generously with coarse salt and cracked pepper. Brush with glaze.
- Bake chicken, brushing with glaze and twice, at 20 minute intervals, until juices run clear when thickest part of meat is pierced with a fork - about 35-40 minutes. Serve hot with reserved glaze.
What a spectacular flavor this chicken dish has. We really enjoyed the depth of flavor that the molasses imparts. It was truly special. Quick and very easy to make. This is a dish that will be repeated in my home. Thank you for sharing....Made for Spring Pac 2014.