Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lively, refreshing flavor absolutely perfect for a hot day. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 cups brewed tea, very strong
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 6 oranges, juice of (grate the rind from one of them)
- Boil sugar, water and grated orange rind together for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add crushed mint leaves; cool and strain.
- Combine brewed tea and orange juice.
- Half fill glasses with crushed ice, add tea and sweeten with mint syrup.