Recipe by PaulaG
These are a moist muffin, full of flavor and they bake up golden brown. I made adjustments to lighten them up. Delicious!
Top Review by Annacia
I have never seen orange yogurt in my area so I used plain yogurt and replaced the milk with orange juice. Since I made them as a parting gift for friends who left today I used 1/2 a cup sugar. This was a great choice as it allowed me to use some mincemeat that has been lingering in the pantry since Christmas. They are really lovely when baked and the baking aroma is superb. The fact that they are easy peasy doesn't hurt any either. They made a lovely gift packaged with a pretty jar of Recipe#201503. Oh yes, I mixed a tsp of rum into the marmalade just because, lol.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat orange yogurt (I use yogurt that is sweetened with Splenda.)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (9 ounce) packageof none such condensed mincemeat, finely crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade, melted (I use Fifty50 spread.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine egg, egg white, yogurt, milk, oil and mincemeat; mix well.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Place in oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush while warm with melted marmalade.