8 hrs 10 mins
Delicate and delicious. The long cooking time is for leaving the meringues in the turned-off oven overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 475F degrees.
- 2Cover 2 baking sheets with foil.
- 3Beat egg whites until foamy.
- 4Add salt and cream of tartar.
- 5Mix the orange gelatin and sugar together, then add the mixture to the egg whites gradually, a tablespoon at a time, while beating.
- 6Beat to stiff peaks.
- 7Carefully fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- 8Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- 9Place the baking sheets into the hot oven quickly, then close the oven door, and turn the oven off.
- 10Leave the cookies in the oven overnight (8 hours).
- 11Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Meringues
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 332.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 124.4 g
- Protein 9.4 g