Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an Oldie from Betty Crocker's Pie & Pastry Cookbook....easy to do & a very nice change from the standard Lemon Meringue Pie.
- 9 inch pie crusts, baked
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml water
- 44.37 ml butter
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 1-3 egg white, meringue
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Combine egg yolks, orange juice and water; stir gradually into sugar/cornstarch mixture in the pan.
- Cook stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in butter, lemon juice and the peel.
- Immediately pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- Cover completely with meringue-carefully sealing to the edges.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until meringue browns lightly.
- Cool on wire rack out of drafts.
Very good, with a very good orange taste. The orange zest can be little bit sour, so maybe next time I´ll use little bit less. A very nice change from the lemon pie!
Yummy yum yum!! This was really really easy to whip up. It was all I could do to keep from eating the pie filling straight out of the pan!I used Meringue Topping for the meringue. It did weep but only a little bit and it was orange colored so it looked like it was planned! LOL