1/3 Photos of Orange Meringue Pie
Iron Bloomers's Note:
This is an Oldie from Betty Crocker's Pie & Pastry Cookbook....easy to do & a very nice change from the standard Lemon Meringue Pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2In saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.
- 3Combine egg yolks, orange juice and water; stir gradually into sugar/cornstarch mixture in the pan.
- 4Cook stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- 5Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in butter, lemon juice and the peel.
- 6Immediately pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- 7Cover completely with meringue-carefully sealing to the edges.
- 8Bake about 10 minutes or until meringue browns lightly.
- 9Cool on wire rack out of drafts.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 158.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g