This is an Oldie from Betty Crocker's Pie & Pastry Cookbook....easy to do & a very nice change from the standard Lemon Meringue Pie.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Combine egg yolks, orange juice and water; stir gradually into sugar/cornstarch mixture in the pan.
- Cook stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in butter, lemon juice and the peel.
- Immediately pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- Cover completely with meringue-carefully sealing to the edges.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until meringue browns lightly.
- Cool on wire rack out of drafts.