Recipe by JanetB-KY
A rich and creamy treat to store in the back of your refrigerator in a foil wrapped package labelled "liver" so the kids won't find it.
- 1 (11 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring heavy cream and orange peel to a gentle boil; immediately pour over the two types of chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Let stand for about one minute; whisk until the chocolate is melted & the mixture is smooth.
- Add the extract; stir well.
- Cover & chill for 30 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Beat for 30 seconds or until the mixture lightens in color. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- Spoon rounded teaspoons onto wax paper lined baking sheets.
- At this point, if just for home consumption & you don't care if it pretty, just chill for 30 minutes or so until hardened and then transfer to that foil package, seperating layers with wax paper.
- If you are making for an occasion where looks count, still refrigerate for 30 minutes or until able to roll candies into small balls.
- After rolling,roll in a mixture of equal amounts powdered sugar and Cocoa to finish. Keep refrigerated.