Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
"Breakfast doesn't get any easier than this. Even the family sleepyheads will look forward to starting the day off with this yummy smoothie!"
- 2 cups orange juice, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- toasted wheat germ (optional)
- In blender, combine orange juice, yogurt, cubed cantaloupe, sugar, and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth.
- If desired, sprinkle each serving with wheat germ and garnish with additional cantaloupe.
Now that I'm writing a review, I have the feeling that I might have made some major changes in your recipe, but still In think I stuck pretty close to the 'idea' of it! I did use fat-free vanilla yogurt in it, & then left out the sweetener AND the vanilla extract listed, but that was about it! Another time I might add a banana, but that's just something I usually do when I make smoothies! Anyway, this one was very nice tasting, especially with the nicely ripe lemon that I had! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
This was a quick and easy to make smoothie. It had a nice flavor and texture. The smoothie was creamy silky and smooth. Thanks for sharing.