Recipe by mollypaul
A delicious accent to any dessert. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 marshmallows, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Add orange juice and stir until well mixed; add salt orange rind and egg.
- Add water gradually and cook for about 15 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add butter and marshmallows; beat until marshmallows are dissolved.
- Cool before using.