Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a wonderful bread to toast for breakfast or slice a little thicker than normal and use for french toast. This recipe was found on another web site.
- 236.59 ml milk, plus
- 29.58 ml milk
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 7.39 ml butter
- 768.91 ml white bread flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml rolled oats
- 9.85 ml yeast
- Milk should be slightly warmer than body temperature.
- All other ingredients need to be at room temperature.
- Add all ingredients to bread machine as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Select the basic or white bread cycle and press start.
- The cook time is approximate, the actual cook time will depend upon the type of bread maker being used.
This is really wonderful bread. Like some of the other reviewers I also used the dough cycle in my bread machine and then made a braid and baked it in the oven for about 25 minutes. I also added dried cranberries to the dough. The combination of the orange marmelade and the craisins was so good. I will make this again.
Wonderful flavor from the marmalade! I also used the dough cycle in my bread machine. I found that I didn't bake it long enough as the middle wasn't quite done. But I've learned now, that even though it looks done on the outside, the inside is a different story! I'll cover the loaf next time with foil, to let the middle bake through. Otherwise, a delicious loaf of bread!
Delicious. I made it in my Oster bread machine, and it turned out just beautifully. I did substitute 1 cup of white with wholewheat flour, and it is perfect!