Recipe by Rita~
I just love Salmon and I'd say this is my favorite to date. This has an Asian touch. Lots of flavor. I did make this with Salmon but its possibilities are endless like tuna, Mahi Mahi, shrimp, orange roughy... I bet grilled pineapple in this marinade along with the fish or meat would be great! Cooking in a basket will caramelize the fish giving it a crispness and ease in turning it and cooking in foil will keep it moist as well as ease in flipping the fish. Cooking time is up to you I like my salmon very tender so I tend not to overcook it. This is great served on white rice. Leftovers would be great on a salad. The picture here is the salmon made under the broiler.
Top Review by Sioranth
I omitted the oils in this recipe but otherwise followed it as-is. I used maybe 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and I didn't even noticed them so next time I think I'd add more for some spice. I used this on steelhead and baked it in the oven for 10 minutes at 425 and then broiled for 5 additional minutes.
- 158.51 ml orange marmalade
- 78.07 ml rice vinegar
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml grated fresh ginger
- 9.85 ml dried onion flakes
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 0.25 ml chili pepper flakes
- 1133.98 g fresh salmon fillets, washed and towel dried
- fresh sliced scallion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a ziplock gallon size bag add first 8 ingredients.
- Seal and mush with hand till blended.
- Add Salmon and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- If using a fish basket or heavy duty foil, spray it with nonstick oil.
- Remove salmon from marinade and reserve.
- Place salmon into basket or foil folding tail in to make thickness even.
- Place basket or wrapped in foil on barbecue and grill salmon, skin side up, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring the marinade to a boil then reduce heat to simmer till fish is cooked.
- Turn basket over and grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- Turn salmon out onto platter.
- Drizzle the reduced marinade and garnish with scallions.
- *To make ahead*.
- To freeze: Place salmon and marinade in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge and proceed with cooking directions.