Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just love Salmon and I'd say this is my favorite to date. This has an Asian touch. Lots of flavor. I did make this with Salmon but its possibilities are endless like tuna, Mahi Mahi, shrimp, orange roughy... I bet grilled pineapple in this marinade along with the fish or meat would be great! Cooking in a basket will caramelize the fish giving it a crispness and ease in turning it and cooking in foil will keep it moist as well as ease in flipping the fish. Cooking time is up to you I like my salmon very tender so I tend not to overcook it. This is great served on white rice. Leftovers would be great on a salad. The picture here is the salmon made under the broiler.
- 158.51 ml orange marmalade
- 78.07 ml rice vinegar
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml grated fresh ginger
- 9.85 ml dried onion flakes
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 0.25 ml chili pepper flakes
- 1133.98 g fresh salmon fillets, washed and towel dried
- fresh sliced scallion (to garnish)
- In a ziplock gallon size bag add first 8 ingredients.
- Seal and mush with hand till blended.
- Add Salmon and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- If using a fish basket or heavy duty foil, spray it with nonstick oil.
- Remove salmon from marinade and reserve.
- Place salmon into basket or foil folding tail in to make thickness even.
- Place basket or wrapped in foil on barbecue and grill salmon, skin side up, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring the marinade to a boil then reduce heat to simmer till fish is cooked.
- Turn basket over and grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- Turn salmon out onto platter.
- Drizzle the reduced marinade and garnish with scallions.
- *To make ahead*.
- To freeze: Place salmon and marinade in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge and proceed with cooking directions.
I omitted the oils in this recipe but otherwise followed it as-is. I used maybe 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and I didn't even noticed them so next time I think I'd add more for some spice. I used this on steelhead and baked it in the oven for 10 minutes at 425 and then broiled for 5 additional minutes.
Yum! Made it with chicken with theextra sauce over it whole family loved it.
Awesome salmon recipe! We used it with fresh copper river salmon, and it was delicious. Served with grilled asparagus and wild rice. Grilled skin side down on med/high heat for 15-20 min without turning/moving. The meat separated right from the skin nicely and went from the grill to the plate. Will definitely make again! Would be great for company.