Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried these cookies. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in The Breakfast Book. This is an old fashioned cookie that is rather thick and chewy with plenty of tasty orange marmalade in it. These cookies can make splendid dunkers with coffee.
Top Review by MotherFudge
My family and I love this cookie. It is so easy to make. I like to use my homemade orange marmalade which has plenty of rind. The cookies are chewy and delicious, perfect with a cup of tea.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening, melted and cooled
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup broken walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375. Grease the baking sheets.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until blended. Add salt, shortening, orange marmalade, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Beat until the dough is throughly mixed. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well. This is a stiff dough. Add the walnuts, stirring well to distribute.
- Drop the cookies by tablespoons onto the baking sheets about 1-inch apart. Bake about 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden. Remove from the oven and cool.