Recipe by Marie
Just found this recipe on the internet and have not made it yet, but it sure looks different and interesting. Bread is glazed with additional orange marmalade after baking.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
I had lost my recipe for marmalade bread so this hits the spot. Because I love the tart taste of marmalade I feel it is sweet enough and certainly does not need the topping. Great sliced thin the second day and spread with cream cheese. Also,a good brand of marmalade is recommended. Thanks for submitting Marie. P.S.. since writing this review I feel I have enhanced this bread by adding 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries and 1 tbls. of orange rind.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange marmalade, divided
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 1/4 cups of marmalade, egg, oil and orange juice.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes.
- When done, cool briefly, then remove bread from the pan and place on a baking dish.
- Glaze with the 1/4 cup of reserved marmalade and return to the oven for 1 minute.
- Place on a rack and cool completely.
- Bread will slice easier if chilled first.