Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My notes say this isn't a big riser, but tastes great with peanut butter. But what doesn't?
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons butter, Melted
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in large mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat egg well with electric mixer. Mix in marmalade, orange juice, and melted butter.
- Add to flour and blend with wooden spoon. Fold in raisins.
- Pour into greased and floured 9" pan. Bake 50-60 minute.
Found this to be a very tasty loaf, especially when spread with my mixture of PB AND marmalade! Will keep your recipe around, & another might sub dried cranberries for the raisins ~ Thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]