Recipe by iris5555
From Gooseberry Patch's Christmas in the Country
Top Review by Wish my name is Sheridan
my dad loved this...it was an interesting use for all the leftover orange marmalade from some of our thanksgiving foods...i thought it was maybe a bit dense? or dry? not sure how to describe, but this was plain ok.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 10 ounces orange marmalade
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in marmalade and set mixture aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with orange juice; stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until toothpick tests clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.