Recipe by rainna
I like to serve these during Christmas with a variety of other cookies and cakes. Children love them.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening, melted and cooled
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (sifted with the flour)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 170 celcius.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and creamy, and ripples form while you're beating the eggs.
- Add salt, vegetable shortening, marmalade, lemon juice, rind, and mix well.
- Fold in the flour and mix until a dough forms. Add the walnuts and mix again.
- Using a spoon, form cookie balls onto a greased tray and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes until sides turn brown.