Recipe by rangapeach
Traditional orange marmalade.
Top Review by fishanyone
I've made this 2 years in a row for Christmas gifts. Very pretty with a black fabric top tied with gold ribon. Recipe can be doubled if your pot is large enough. Be sure to use non-sprayed (or organic) fruit, as the peel is consumed.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fruit thoroughly and remove any blemishes.
- Slice the fruit very thinly (or use a mandoline) and remove any seeds.
- Put fruit in your heaviest stainless steel pot.
- Pour water over the fruits and let stand overnight covered.
- The next day simmer the fruit slowly until tender.
- Measure the cooked fruit and for each cup add 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Cook this mixture rapidly until it jells (from 30 to 60 minutes).
- Check for jelling by dipping in a spoon and holding it up to see whether it clings to the spoon and makes a ridge on the edge of the spoon.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.