Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The fresh-squeezed orange juice and mustard add a nice tang to this moist and flaky grilled salmon. It will become one of your favorite ways to do fish.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 salmon steaks
- Whisk together the fresh-squeezed orange juice, olive oil, mustard, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the salmon steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Remove the salmon from marinade, and shake off excess.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 10 minutes per side depending on thickness.
I can't stand salmon. I only bought it today after a Registered Dietician told me today that I MUST eat it. I begrudgingly found this recipe and it was THEE BEST SALMON RECIPE EVER!! My husband shares in my ongoing disdain of salmon and he ate what I couldn't finish. It is a delicious marinade and a mustard, olive oil dip on the side was a bonus but not necessary especially with the grilled flavor. Make this and you will be glad you did- I am smiling from ear to ear!! Thanks :)
Excellent recipe, salmon was moist and the flavours were great. I baked in tin foil and used fillets. Thanks for sharing.