Recipe by dicentra
This comes from 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian Recipes. This would be wonderful for a take to work lunch. Posting for ZWT3. Someone please take a photo of this!!
Top Review by Ameliahead
I love orange dressings! In the interest of minimizing my grocery list, I omitted the carrot and bell pepper and increased the cabbage. It may be even better with all of the ingredients, but I thought it was pretty good the way I made it. This would be so good in the summer. I will definitely make it again.
- 1 (15 ounce) can adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3 large bell peppers, cut in halves
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients for the orange dressing. Set aside.
- Combine beans, cabbage, green onions, sliced bell pepper, celery and carrot.
- Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon salad mixture into bell pepper halves. Serve.