1/1 Photo of Orange Maple Glazed Baked Salmon
4 hrs 40 mins
4 hrs 15 mins
Easter 2007. This recipe was a big hit with my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 4 lbs fresh salmon
- 5 tablespoons fresh grated orange peel
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 small oranges, sliced thin
- 1If you use dry rind instead of fresh you will need to rehydrate it with orange just for the best results.
- 2Wash salmon and pat dry.
- 3Combine ginger, basil, pepper, rind and shallots.
- 4Lightly brush salmon with Grand Marnier. Coat salmon on both sides with herb mixture and refrigerate overnight (at least 4 hours).
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Dissolve cornstarch in enough hot water to make a smooth paste. Slowly whisk in liquid glaze ingredient. Whisk until smooth.
- 7Place salmon in shallow baking dishes. Spoon glaze over fish.
- 8Cook until done (about 20 minutes for 1 inch fillets or 25 for 2 inch fillets. )Baste the fish once or twice during cooking It should flake easily.
- 9Decorate with orange slices. Shown in the picture here with a lemon pig.
- 10To make a lemon pig - choose the snout end of the pig and decide which will be the bottom. Cut the bottom off so the pig will sit flat. At the snout end cut two flaps for the ears. Pull them out a little so the will stand out but not too much or it will break. Use cloves for the eyes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Maple Glazed Baked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.5 mg
- Sodium 458.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: