Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
An interesting breakfast spread to use on white or wheat bread, pancakes or waffles. From the Chicago Tribune's Good Eating Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- Stir together butter, maple syrup, orange zest and ground red pepper in a small bowl.
We had this over baked sweet potatoes last night and it went just perfect with them! Not too sweet, the maple syrup was just right! Thanks for a wonderfull way to have my sweet potatoes!