1 hr 10 mins
Posting for ZWT7 for the South/Central American region. I have not tried this recipe yet but definitely is in my plans in the very near future. Something about combining orange juice and mangoes with macadamia nuts just sounds like success to me. Be aware - this makes TWO LOAVES of bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 2 cups mangoes, diced (well-drained if you are using a canned variety)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch loaf pans.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger; set aside.
- 3With an electric mixer on medium speed, blend the sugars and eggs until sugars are dissolved.
- 4Add oil, buttermilk, orange juice and zest and continuing to blend well.
- 5Lower the mixer speed and add the flour mixture. Beat only until well mixed. (It is very important not to over-mix a quick bread or you will end with a very dense bread).
- 6By hand, add the diced mango and chopped nuts and stir gently.
- 7Divide batter into the two loaf pans.
- 8Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
- 9Let cool for 15 minutes prior to removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Mango Macadamia Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 148.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g