I wish I could recall where this came from but it is so long ago I have forgotten. Whatever, it is a new twist on Pumpkin Pie and I enjoy it because it is not overly sweet and the liqueur and molasses gives it an interesting flavor. Granted, at this time of year, what we don't need is another pumpkin recipe but here goes anyway - enjoy.
- Beat egg yolks slightly.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, molasses and spices.
- Stir in cream.
- Fold in egg whites, beaten until they hold a definite shape.
- Add orange liqueur.
- Oven: 450 10 minutes.
- 325 30 minutes approximate.
- Please remember oven differ so check occasionally.
- Preparation time does not include making pie crusts.