Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Terrific, elegant dessert that is gluten free.
Make and share this Orange Liqueur Laced Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup arborio rice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- mint sprig (optional)
- orange zest (optional)
- Combine whipping cream, rice, sugar, orange extract and vanilla extract in medium saucepan. Place over medium heat. Allow mixture to combine to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until rice is cooked and mixture is thickened. Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in orange liqueur. Spoon rice pudding into stemmed compotes. To serve, garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and sprinkle the top with fresh orange zest.
- Author’s Note: When spooning this pudding into your dessert dishes, the consistency seems a bit thin, but trust me. When chilled, the consistency, not to mention the flavor of this dessert, is to die for. Any type of rice (other than instant) could be substituted, but the texture of cooked Arborio cannot be beat. This is a gluten free recipe.