Recipe by Mirj
I've been researching liqueur recipes to make as hostess gifts for Rosh Hashana. This one is delicious, great drizzled on some vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by Leopardstripes
Followed this recipe, but for 2 things: I used a microplane grater to zest my fruit, and I used FallGlo tangerines and Persian limes for the flavoring. This produced a delicious smelling and tasting brew- pretty, too! Thanks for the great (and easy!) recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the oranges well with soap and water.
- Pare very thinly the bright-colored rind from the oranges (no white).
- Blot the peel on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Put the peel in a 4 cup screw-top jar.
- Add 2 cups vodka.
- Close jar.
- Store in a cool, dark place for 2 days or until the vodka has absorbed the flavor.
- Remove the peel and add the remaining vodka, along with the superfine sugar.
- Close the jar and store in a cool dark place at least 1 month to age.