Recipe by mielhollinger
The recipe is from Martha Stewart's Menus for Entertaining. She says, For the best flavor, I use fresh limes and oranges, Tres Generaciones tequila, and Grand Marnier or Coitreau liqueur.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- chipped ice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup orange liqueur
- 1 lime
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the water and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until it forms a clear syrup, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside and allow the syrup to cool completely.
- Fill a large pitcher half full with chipped ice; stir in the lime juice, orange juice, sugar syrup, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- Cut the lime into 8 wedges.
- Using a wedge of lime, rub the rims of four glasses with the lime and invert the glasses into a plate of coarse salt.
- Fill each glass with chipped ice and pour the margarita mix, evenly divided, over the ice.
- Garnish each drink with a wedge of lime.