1/3 Photos of Orange & Lime Ice-Cream (No Eggs, No Ice-Cream Maker)
This is amazing ice-cream and very quick to prepare. I like to serve it with strawberries marinated in Cointreau with passionfruit pulp added before serving. It is also delicious with just about anything chocolate. I have tried this using regular cream but it takes longer to whip. This is so special, I hope you try it because I am sure you will make it again and again. This is taken from a Nigella Lawson recipe.
My Private Note
- 1Grate the zest of the orange and limes, juice them and add to the sugar.
- 2Stir to dissolve the sugar and add the cream.
- 3Whip until soft peaks form (no longer or it could curdle) and pour into a shallow container with a lid.
- 4Freeze for about 4 hours.
- 5This is great even when frozen for a much shorter period and still creamy.
- 6If frozen for a long period remove from freezer to soften for a while before eating.
- 7Time doesn't include freezing time.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange & Lime Ice-Cream (No Eggs, No Ice-Cream Maker)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.7
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 29.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g