Recipe by Ninna
This is amazing ice-cream and very quick to prepare. I like to serve it with strawberries marinated in Cointreau with passionfruit pulp added before serving. It is also delicious with just about anything chocolate. I have tried this using regular cream but it takes longer to whip. This is so special, I hope you try it because I am sure you will make it again and again. This is taken from a Nigella Lawson recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the zest of the orange and limes, juice them and add to the sugar.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and add the cream.
- Whip until soft peaks form (no longer or it could curdle) and pour into a shallow container with a lid.
- Freeze for about 4 hours.
- This is great even when frozen for a much shorter period and still creamy.
- If frozen for a long period remove from freezer to soften for a while before eating.
- Time doesn't include freezing time.