Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is amazing ice-cream and very quick to prepare. I like to serve it with strawberries marinated in Cointreau with passionfruit pulp added before serving. It is also delicious with just about anything chocolate. I have tried this using regular cream but it takes longer to whip. This is so special, I hope you try it because I am sure you will make it again and again. This is taken from a Nigella Lawson recipe.
- Grate the zest of the orange and limes, juice them and add to the sugar.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and add the cream.
- Whip until soft peaks form (no longer or it could curdle) and pour into a shallow container with a lid.
- Freeze for about 4 hours.
- This is great even when frozen for a much shorter period and still creamy.
- If frozen for a long period remove from freezer to soften for a while before eating.
- Time doesn't include freezing time.
I found this to be too icy (instead of creamy) and the taste of the powdered sugar overwhelmed the fruit. Maybe I'll get better results with churning.
So easy and absolutely amazing, we were planning to keep this until tomorrow night but just can't stop eating it! We chopped up the zest into really small pieces to spread the flavour throughout as much as possible, and it looks pretty too. We also made it in our ice cream maker and it froze really quickly in just about 20 minutes. Thanks for sharing!
easy to prepare and taste nice