Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was featured at the Spring '09 Taste of Home Cooking School. I have not tried this yet, but posting in response to a request in the forums. You will need additional water for the finished lemonade.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- Create a sugar syrup: Pour sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the mixture until all the sugar dissolves, making sure to stir occasionally. Allow to cool.
- Once cool, stir in the juices and peel. Cover the saucepan and let the mixture sit for an hour (at room temp.).
- Strain the syrup. Put in a covered container and refrigerate until read to serve.
- To prepare the concentrate for drinking, mix equal parts of the syrup and water.
I used to make stuff like this in the good ole days...I think that would be yesterday.