Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Summer easy and summer tasty with almost no calories. Whats not to like? Add chill time to the times listed below.
- 1 (11 1/4 g) box sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sprinkle gelatin over orange juice in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a blender. Add gelatin mixture and purée.
- Chill before serving in individual serving glasses.
I could only get a lite jelly (jello) that was suitable for a diabetic and they don't do lemon flavoured so used apricot and peach flavour and the lowest fat cream cheese that I could get and made as directed and got 4 full to the brim desserts (used custard cups) and the DM and DS enjoyed this super easy delicious dessert (have 2 left over for them to enjoy tonight). Thank you Annacia, made for Went To Market.
Very refreshing, tasty & easy to make as well! Didn't think about it until after making these, but when I read Redsie's review & her suggestion about adding some zest to it, I thought, "Now that's a great idea for another time!" Definitely a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Went to the Market tag]
This didn't work for us, but it's probably just personal taste. It setup perfectly and looked beautiful. Thank you for posting Annacia.