Recipe by Redsie
I have been making this every Christmas for the last few years - it's a delicious and refreshing drink - you hardly notice the alcohol in it! It's a also a nice gift to offer!
Top Review by BarbryT
Although it will be several weeks before I can taste the full effect, I am recording five stars right now. It is a lovely concoction and already tastes nice. I shall update the review when it is "done." It has great potential!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of 40% alcohol
- 1 (26 ounce) bottle rose wine
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 piece grapefruit
- 1⁄4 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bottle or container that has a tight lid, mix the sugar, the alcohol and the rosé wine. Shake it a couple of times during the day to dissolve the sugar.
- The next day, wash and brush the fruits. Cut them in small pieces (with the skin) and add them to the alcohol with the cinnamon stick. Close tightly your bottle or container.
- Leave this bottle in a cool place for 6 weeks, shaking it from time to time.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve or coffee filter. Carefully pour in a nice bottle.
- Serve this over ice.