Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom used to make this all the time. I especially love the topping.
- 3 ounces orange gelatin
- 3 ounces lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 12 ice cubes
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- grated cheese
- Drain pineapple and save juice.
- Dissolve both gelatins in the boiling water.
- Add ice and stir to melt.
- Add drained pineapple, bananas, and lemon juice.
- Pour into a 9"x13" dish and refrigerate while making topping.
- Measure reserved pineapple juice in a 1 cup measuring cup & add water to make 1 cup.
- Mix juice, water, egg yolk, flour & sugar in a saucepan.
- Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Make Dream Whip as directed on package.
- Add to cooked mixture.
- Spread on top of gelatin mixture.
- Top with some grated cheese.
- NOTE: 1 pkg. prepared Dream Whip could be used instead of the Cool Whip.