Recipe by R&M
Trial and error using our neighbours fruit trees for free organic fruit and also can use oranges only as pilfered around the world
Top Review by Clay K.
I realized 3/4 through this that there seem to be flaws in this recipe. Under the US measurements it has kilograms and liters. Also it only says it yields 6 jars. What size? half pint? pint? quart? I have zero faith in this turning out. hope I'm wrong.
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemons or 1 lime
- 3 grapefruits (total fruit weight 1 . 5kg)
- 1 1⁄2 liters water (equal to whole fruit)
- 1 1⁄2 kg sugar (equal to cooked fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze juice from fruit and keep.
- Slice fruit thinly.
- Quickly wash sliced peel in cold water and rinse.
- Add water and juice.
- Keep for 3 hours in a cool place.
- Cook in a heavy saucepan for 30 minutes medium heat.
- Add sugar and cook and stir another 20-30 minutes on high heat.
- Pour into sterilised jars.