Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious moist easy to make quick bread!
Make and share this Orange-Lemon Citrus Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon peel, baking powder, orange peel and salt in large bowl. Beat milk, oil, egg and vanilla in small bowl until well blended. Make well in flour mixture; pour in milk mixture and stir until well blended. (Batter will be thin.) Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool bread in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine marmalade and remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds or until slightly melted. Remove bread from pan to wire rack; spread marmalade mixture evenly over top. Cool completely before serving.
I followed the recipe exactly as written and was rewarded with a wonderfully soft, moist cake-like bread. The recipe was so easy to whip together and the aroma while it was cooking in the oven was scrumptious. I sliced up the bread and then cut each slice in half because I was taking this to work and wanted to make sure that everyone was able to try some. This dish was a hit with everyone. I will definitely be making this often. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe. Made for October, 2008 Aussie/NZ Swap.
Oh, can you say addicting? This bread is so incredibly moist. The citrus flavor is excellent. I did add about double the amounts of lemon & orange peel, but I usually do that anyway. Everything is just delish! Thanks for sharing, RecipeNut! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for Flour Power Spring 2008.