Recipe by Kaarin
A wonderfully creamy and zesty pie! One of my favorites. From better homes and gardens. Cook time doesn't include time needed for chilling.
Top Review by Meowmix318
This was pretty easy to make. I used 2 eggs instead and used 1/2 a cup of lemon juice instead for an added lemonly flavor and half of the orange juice. This was really sweet, I think I'll use a little less sugar next time.
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed (2 oranges)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (1 lemon)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine the gelatin, sugar and salt. Stir in the milk and egg yolks.
- Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the grated peel and juices. Chill till partially set. Fold in whipped cream and put in pie shell. Chill until firm, at least 2 hours.