1/2 Photos of Orange Leek Soup
Found while searching for healthy recipes but haven't tried it yet. Sounds different!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 946.36 ml thinly sliced leeks (white and light-green parts only)
- 1419.54 ml low-sodium low-fat chicken broth or 1419.54 ml low-sodium low-fat vegetable broth
- 1419.54 ml broccoli florets, cut to small pieces
- 236.59 ml large flake oats
- 1 orange, zest of, medium
- 2.46 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1In soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat Cook leeks for 7-8 minutes or until softened and golden brown.
- 2Add stock, broccoli, oats, orange zest, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- 3Stir in milk; continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- 4Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 5Serve each bowlful with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, if desired, and freshly ground pepper.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
oranges, zest of