Found while searching for healthy recipes but haven't tried it yet. Sounds different!
Make and share this Orange Leek Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 946.36 ml thinly sliced leeks (white and light-green parts only)
- 1419.54 ml low-sodium low-fat chicken broth or 1419.54 ml low-sodium low-fat vegetable broth
- 1419.54 ml broccoli florets, cut to small pieces
- 236.59 ml large flake oats
- 1 orange, zest of, medium
- 2.46 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- In soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat Cook leeks for 7-8 minutes or until softened and golden brown.
- Add stock, broccoli, oats, orange zest, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in milk; continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve each bowlful with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, if desired, and freshly ground pepper.