Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This fish is very tasty and elegant enough to serve for dinner guests.
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 12 large sea bass or 12 large trout fillets
- salt and pepper
- all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the almonds in butter until golden brown; set aside.
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt, pepper, and thyme. Dip in the milk then dredge in flour.
- Fry the fillets in hot oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Remove to a serving dish and sprinkle with the almonds and the parsley. Garnish with the lemon wedges.