Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Original from the VT for April. For the Vegan option use the Maple Syrup
Top Review by KristenErinM
I saw this in VT and been wanting to try it. Made it for dinner tonight - Super good and easy. I omitted the sesame oil and added orange zest. served over leftover brown rice. i'm taking leftovers in a pita bread for lunch tommorrow. i haven't had chinese in ages because of my dietary restrictions. this dish reminded me alot of chinese takeout but it was healthy and i could feel good about eating it. thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄16 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 14 ounces tofu
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure you press and drain the tofu very well then: Slice the tofu into 8 slices.
- Combine the Braggs, OJ, honey and oil. Sprinkle with Fresh Ground Black pepper Whisk.
- You can add a bit of Cayenne or Red pepper powder for a bit of a nip.
- Spray a large skillet with PAM. Heat to med hot. Add the tofu and cook without disturbing for 7 minutes or until Golden Brown [this is why you need to press it].
- Turn and cook for about 5 more or until Golden Brown.
- Pour in the Braggs. Shake the pan back and forth to cover the tofu Reduce heat to medium and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce is syrupy and tofu glazed. [Sauce will get sticky if cooked longer].
- I served on a bed of seasoned rice.