Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe box at a estate sale. The recipe is from House Beautiful October 1987.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 orange, juice of
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine sugar, almonds and flour.
- Make well in center and pour in orange juice and melted cooled butter.
- Mix in grated zest.
- Using a teaspoon, make uniform mounds at least 2-inches apart on a buttered baking sheet.
- Press tops lightly with fork dipped in cold water and bake in preheated 400 oven 5-7 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let rest in pan until slightly firm (about 1 minute).
- Working quickly, use a spatula to drape cookies over rolling pin - cool on rolling pin to form curved cookie.
- Store in airtight container.