Recipe by looneytunesfan
Surprise your guests with these sweet "Orange Knots".
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are wonderful! I made them using my own dough recipe, I got more than 12 so I had to double the sugar, butter and orange rind and the glaze recipe, these are sooooo delicious! thanks for a wonderful recipe looneytunes!...Kitten:)
- 12 Rhodes frozen rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine above ingredients until smooth.
- Mix grated orange rind with sugar. Roll each dinner roll into a 9-inch rope. Tie in a loose knot. Roll each knot in melted butter and then in rind/sugar mixture.
- Place on sprayed baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and place on a cooking rack. Brush with citrus glaze while still warm.