- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups white bread flour
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, dried
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange rind, freshly grated
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove dough from your machine after the dough or manual cycle is completed.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form a large ball.
- Divide into 16 portions.
- Form into balls, and coat each ball with softened butter.
- Roll in orange-sugar mixture.
- Place 8 balls into a 9" pie pan.
- Allow to rise until dough doubles, about one hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees or until just golden brown.
- Success HInts: Use only the orange portion of the orange rind.