1/3 Photos of Orange-Kissed Turnip Custards
From Fabulous Fat-Free Cooking, a great way to use up the bag of turnips the helpful neighbor lady gave you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and coat four 3/4-cup ovenproof custard cups with no-stick spray.
- 2Drain the oranges, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice. Place juice in a medium no-stick sauce pan. Set oranges aside.
- 3To the saucepan with the juice, add the stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger, and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- 4Add turnips, cover, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes or until turnips are tender. Drain well.
- 5Place the turnip mixture in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- 6Add the egg substitute and milk. Process just to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Spoon into the prepared custard cups, tapping each one lightly.
- 8Smooth the topsand place in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- 9Add hot water so that it comes halfway up the sides of the custard cups.
- 10Bake ofr 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 11Carefully remove the baking dish from oven.
- 12Gently remove the cups form the water.
- 13Garnish with the reserved oranges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Kissed Turnip Custards
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 209.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: