A twist on the classic eggnog that is traditionally served around the holidays. Here, the classic flavor combination of orange and chocolate intermingle and a touch of spices is also here for added flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 12 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 3/4 cups rum (light or dark)
- 3/4 cup orange liqueur (use Grand Marnier, or Cointreau, if these are unavailable, use Triple Sec)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder (use bittersweet or semisweet) or 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate squares, melted (use bittersweet or semisweet)
- 4 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 t orange extract, orange peel and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
- 2In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs.
- 3Pour mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil. Let cool for about an hour.
- 4Stir in rum, orange liqueur, cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Kissed Chocolate Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.2
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 252.9 mg
- Sodium 87.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: