Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Given to me by Ashley Strength
Make and share this Orange Jumbles recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Mix together shortening, butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to shortening mixture.
- Stir well.
- Mix into dough grated orange rind.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until delicately browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cookies should be soft.
- Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet.
- Glaze: Mix together sugar, juice and rind.
- Dip hot cookies into glaze and place on baking rack.