Well, I can't tell you HOW I got the "secret ingredient", but it's one of those things where you kind of say to yourself, "Now why didn't I think of that"? Coffee creamer! The powdered kind. That's it--simple I know! I grew up on these things--a must have at the mall--and trying to make them at home just wasn't quite right....try this. You may need to fiddle with the amounts some. When I make this recipe the blender is topped off - about 1/2 inch from the rim, but I don't really measure anything when I make it--i just throw stuff in until it tastes right.
- Add ice and water to blender and turn on high for a few seconds.
- Add orange sections about 5 at a time, blending a little as you go.
- Add the other ingredients in whatever order and blend until smooth.
- Add more creamer or sugar if necessary.
- I use small to medium size seedless, sweet oranges.