Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the closest recipe of Orange Julius I have ever made. The other ones didn't have that unique flavor the real Orange Julius has. I don't remember where I found it though. Now this may not be the "real" recipe for an Orange Julius, but I assure you that it tastes very close.
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons egg whites (more or less) or 3 tablespoons egg substitute (more or less)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice
- Combine all of the ingredients except ice in a blender and blend on high speed for 15 to 30 seconds or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the ice and blend for another 10 to 15 seconds or so, until ice is mostly crushed yet still a bit coarse.
Excellent. It was just like I was in the 80s and in the mall! My kids and DH loved it! Now every special occasion this is a favorite request by all. Thank you for posting.