Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Haven't tried it yet but it's here for the future from a cookbook called "Good Yom Tov." I thought the tomato juice was an interesting ingredient here with the orange juice! I added the word "juicy" to the title because of that!
- 3 -5 lbs beef brisket
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- garlic powder
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the meat, fat side up on top of the onions in the pan.
- Mix the sauce in a bowl by combining the orange juice, tomato juice, red wine and sugar; pour over the meat.
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Bake, covered, at 325 degrees F. for 2 1/2 hours. Meat can be turned once if you like. Raise heat to 350 degrees F. and uncover the meat. Continue baking for another hour or until thoroughly cooked and tender.
- Can be sliced and reheated.
Made this recipe this evening. I used 3tbsp of ketchup with a little bit of water instead of the tomato juice. Very tasty indeed! Thanks for the recipe!