- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup strained orange juice
- 1 cup shredded coconut, finely cut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour,soda and salt and sift 3 times.
- Cream the butter until it is light and lemon colored,add sugar gradually,beating after each addition.
- Add beaten eggs slowly to creamed mixture.
- Alternately add sifted ingredients and orange juice,beating until smooth after each addition.
- Add coconut.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with coconut if desired.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.