Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Adopted from the book How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine Endorsed by the Cancer Treatment Center of America.
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 25 -30 g vanilla whey protein
- 4 ounces water or 4 ounces nonfat milk or 4 ounces soymilk
- 4 ice cubes
- 1⁄2 cup banana, frozen and sliced
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil (optional) or 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (optional)
- Mix the orange slices and the orange juice in a blender and liquefy.
- Add the whey protein and blend, then add the water, ice cubes, and flaxseed oil and liquefy.
Nice breakfast smoothie. I used water instead of the milk which made it a bit bland. . .I suggest using vanilla flavored soymilk or almond milk for added vanilla flavor (which goes great with orange and banana). I used ground flax (love this stuff in smoothies).
With few exceptions I used all the ingredients including 2 very cold oranges, nonfat milk & whole banana, but left out the ice cubes & flax! A very nice drink, & another time I'd include the flax! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]